- Harden R, Crosby JR. The good teacher is more than a lecturer – the twelve roles of the teacher. AMEE Medical Education Guide No 20
- Harden R., Laidlaw J. Essential Skills for a Medical Teacher. An Introduction to Teaching and Learning in Medicine. Churchill Livingstone, 2012.
- Gibbs G. Learning by Doing. 1st Ed. Oxford Centre for Staff and Learning Development, 2013.
- Kaufman D. M., ABC of learning and teaching in medicine. Applying educational theory in practice. BMJ 326; 2013.
- Mann K. Theoretical perspectives in medical education: past experience and future possibilities. Medical Education 2011:45:60–68.
- Matthias Barth, Jasmin Godemann, Marco Rieckmann, Ute Stoltenberg. Developing key competencies for sustainable development in higher education, International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education 2007.8;4:416-430.
- Tigelaar, D.E., Dolmans, D.H., Wolfhagen, I.H. et al. Higher Education (2004) 48: 253. The development and validation of a framework for teaching competencies in higher education. doi:10.1023/B:HIGH.0000034318.74275.e4
- Molenaar WM, Zanting A, van Beukelen P, et al. A framework of teaching competencies across the medical education continuum.Med Teach. 2009 May;31(5):390-396.