ReFEEHS Project Thematic Workshop 1 (Kragujevac, April 1, 2016)
The Project Thematic Workshop 1 “Current practice and challenges in education within the health professions” was held in Kragujevac, Serbia, on April 1st and included three plenary presentations, concerning current recommendations and expectations in health professions education, Serbian national framework for health professions education and harmonization with the EU Directive and review on the ReFEEHS Project as a framework for health professionals education improvement. Following the introduction, specific issues of current practice and challenges in medical, dental, pharmacy and nursing education in Serbia were discussed in four separate presentations. Two workshops were carried out, in which academic staff, medical doctors, doctors of dental medicine, pharmacists, nurses and students took part. The first workshop tackled the issue of the role of professional and regulatory organizations in the education of health professionals and the second one challenges and opportunities for interprofessional education.
- Health professions education – current recommendations and expectations – Martin Henman, Trinity College Dublin
- National framework for health professions education and harmonization with the EU Directive on the recognition of professional qualifications – Nada Kovačević, University of Belgrade
- ReFEEHS project as a framework for health professionals education improvement – Ljiljana Tasić, University of Belgrade
- ReFEEHS survey results – Marina Odalović, University of Belgrade
- Current practice and challenges in medical education – Petar Bulat, University of Belgrade; Nebojša Arsenijević, University of Kragujevac
- Current practice and challenges in dental education – Jugoslav Ilić, University of Belgrade; Tatjana Kanjevac, University of Kragujevac
- Current practice and challenges in pharmacy education – Jelena Parojčić, University of Belgrade; Budimka Novaković, University of Novi Sad
- Current practice and challenges in nursing education – Vladmila Bojanić, University of Niš
- Workshop 1: The role of professional and regulatory organizations in the education of health professionals – Dušanka Krajnović, University of Belgrade; Afonso Cavaco, Faculty of Pharmacy University of Lisbon
- Workshop 2: Challenges and opportunities for interprofessional education – Slobodan Novokmet,University of Kragujevac; Imre Boncz, University of Pecs; Guenka Petrova, Medical University of Sofia
Meeting proceedings can be found here.
ReFEEHS working groups and Steering Committee meetings were held on Day 2. Detailed reports on recent activities and further plans for experiential and interprofessional education, as well as teaching competences development were stated and discussed. Additionally, quality assurance and dissemination&exploitation plans were discussed and had been accepted by project committee members.
See gallery below.